Welcome to DeLuca's - Boston's oldest grocery store!
DeLuca's has been at the same location for over 100 years. Born in Italy, Uncle Joe DeLuca (1900-1997)started working in the store which would later bear his name, in 1919.The store soon became known as "the place" in Boston for the finest in fresh fruit and produce. During prohibition and during the war it provided the essential needs of Beacon Hill residents as it still does to this day serving the everyday customer to historic notables such as North Pole Explorer Admiral Richard E. Byrd, President John F. Kennedy, and historian Samuel Elliot Morison all of whom lived near DeLuca's. In 1952, Joe's brother-in-law, Virgilio Aiello, who had a butcher shop in the 1930's purchased the store and added a full line of fresh meat. His son Virgil Aiello added gourmet bread, cheeses, and a complete beer, wine and liquor cellar. Virgil with his able staff still operates the store today, offering the same dedicated personal service and highest quality food products ranging from Corn Flakes to Caviar.
Our product list is quite extensive and if you don't find products that you want on our web-site, please use the Quick Order Form. Pricing on our website is as accurate as possible, but you will only be charged the actual price marked in the store as the items are rung through the check-out. We try to carry everything you might need and offer it to you in any quantity you wish from one potato to a Standing Rib Roast for 12, from table wine to Chateau Lafite and everything in between for just a couple of examples. We look forward to serving you.
1. Apply for a job at DeLuca's & check out available positions.
2. Placing an order with DeLuca's.
There are 3 ways to place on order:
0) Stop by one of our stores and do the shopping. It's fun! We can always put your purchase aside for you and deliver it at your convenience.
1) Call your order in. Just call us at our Beacon Hill location at 617-523-4343 and place your order with one of our friendly managers:
Grocery, Cheese, Produce & Dairy: Anastasia, Emilie, Virgil
Beer & Wine: Dereck
Meat Department & Prepared Foods: Wojtek
DeLuca's staff at our Newbury street store includes Riccardo (grocery, produce & meat), Svetlana (grocery) & Ian (beer & wine). The phone number there is 617-262-5990
2) Fax your order to us @ 617-523-0099 or email it to email@example.com
3) Register at our web-site and order one of the products in our web-store. The number of products we have in our web-store is limited, but you can always add to your order by using our Quick Order form. Our system is not perfect, but we are constantly working to improve it. Here's a quick and easy tutorial on our quick orders: www.////// Your feedback is important to us - feel free to send us comments about our online and "offline" stores.
3. Delivery terms & conditions.
Local delivery: $10-$15
Within a 1.5 mile radius from DeLuca's: to Beacon Hill, Back Bay, West End, Downtown, Chinatown & Theatre District, Waterfront & Kendall/MIT. Delivery charge between 8 am & 3 pm Mon-Fri is $10, at all other hours and on weekends delivery charge is $15. Local delivery of one or more cases of wine is free (we also have great case discounts!).
Delivery within United States & Canada:
All of our super exclusive products you don't have in your are can be shipped to you via USPS, UPS & FedEx. Same-day delivery across North East is available via Greyhound PackageXpress service. Get a Greyhound quote.
International delivery charges are calculated on an individual basis.